Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Larry the Cable Guy Chicken Batter


On a scale of 1 to 10 I have to give this product a 10!  It's delicious!

I know it says 'Chicken Batter' but I wasn't making fried chicken, I was making cube steak.  For 4 pieces of steak I put about 1/2 cup in a shallow bowl and coated the meat well pressing the batter into the meat as I went.  I heated the oven to 400 degrees and put a light coat of oil in a cast iron frying pan.  This I placed in the oven while it preheated.  When the oven was hot I placed the battered meat into the hot oil and placed the pan back into the oven.  After about 5 minutes I turned the meat and cooked the other side for about 5 minutes. 

After removing the meat from the pan I poured off all but about 1 Tbsp. of oil and added a couple of Larry's batter to make gravy.  Another great move!  This batter has the perfect balance of seasonings, including salt and pepper.  I added nothing other than the batter to my meat.  Now I can't wait to try this with what it was made for - chicken.

7 comments:

  1. Where do I buy the products? Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found these great Larry TCGuy produts at Dollar Store. I want them by the CASE

      Delete
  2. I just used the "spicy" chicken batter to fry me up some frog legs! Best I've ever had. This batter is awesome. I'm thawing out some chicken breasts now to try! You gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did the chicken! OMG! This the best batter I've ever had! The chicken was moist and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found it at Big Lots for $1.00 as a joke for my husband. We tried it and love it on chicken, cube sreaks and it fries well for okra too. Makes a great gravy and I now order it by the case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Lot is the only place I've been able to find it. I love the stuff.

    ReplyDelete