Saturday, February 20, 2016

Margaret Holmes - Simple Suppers Dirty Rice Fixins’



On a scale of 1 - 10 I give this product an 8, and a 10 after I made an addition to the ingredients.

This is a simple dish to make.  You simply brown sausage, add a can of Margaret Holmes' Simple Suppers Dirty Rice Fixins' and cook until bubbly hot.  When I bought this I didn't read the meat that was to be added - the sausage - and when I decided to cook I found I didn't have any thawed but did have a package of Polska Kielbasa.  I cut it thin, fried and added the can of Rice Fixins'.  First taste didn't quite get me.  It had just a slight can flavor but since I had invested a full package of the Kielbasa I had to make it right.  What I really didn't like was the liquid.  I prefer a drier Dirty Rice.  Looking around the pantry I spotted a package of instant Loaded Potatoes.  Why not.  I sprinkled about 1/4 cup into my mixture and guess what - it was perfect.  And delicious!

Now that I've tried this with Kielbasa I now want to give it a try with the sausage.  So, give this one a try and simply 'Think With Your Taste Buds' if you don't like the original product.

No comments:

Post a Comment