Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Betty Crocker's A&W Root Beer Float Cookies


On a scale of 1 - 10 I rate this product a 10+.

If you like root beer as much as I do you'll simply love these cookies.  They are simple to make adding 1/3 cup of butter and 1 egg to the package mix.  They cook up in about 10 minutes so you don't have long to wait before sampling these delicious treats.  In fact the directions say to wait 1 minute before removing from the cookie sheet and cool completely on a wire rack.  That is really hard to do.  I had to give them a try while they were still nice and hot.

I wasn't quite sure how they would get the actual 'float' taste but with the root beer taste and the addition of white chips, that is exactly what you get.  When I spotted this mix while in Walmart (this is a Walmart exclusive so that is the only place you'll find them) I only bought 1 package just to give them a try.  I took several to a friend who fell in love with them.  I took the majority of what was left to my 95 year old neighbor who loved them so much that  I went back to Walmart the next day and bought 2 more packages making 1 batch just for her.  Her daughter said she will eat them when she won't eat anything else.

I'm hoping these aren't a limited edition.  If so, I'll just have to stock up on them for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment