Monday, August 11, 2014

Eat Well Embrase Life Hummus



On a scale of 1 - 10 I rate this product a 15+!

One of my local grocery stores ran a sale on a Hummus that I had never tried.  The company was listed as Eat Well Embrace Life and the hummus was made from baby soybeans, which is something I've never tried either.  Well the price this was being sold for (under $2.00) made it impossible for me to not give it a try. 

I first spotted one that was flavored with roasted red peppers and toasted sesame, 2 of my favorite flavors.  I looked at the package and it said Gluten Free and Cholesterol Free.  It had only 80 calories for 2 tablespoons.  And the edamane bean is rich in protein, fiber, magnesium and vitamin K.  I decided to buy this one as well as one they listed as Sweet & Spicy Black Bean Hummus with Spicy Roasted Corn Relish.  More flavors I like.  Then I saw they were located in my home state of Georgia.  After reading that there was no way I couldn't give them a try. 

Then I went on the internet to see what I could find out about this company and their products.  This is what I found.  'Made from the finest ingredients and with the greatest attention to detail, Eat Well Embrace Life has Americanized the hummus category by creating hummus form other beans.  What makes them different and better is their commitment to product innovation, resulting in new, exciting flavors with the Wow! taste and healthy attributes you've come to expect.'

Now, did these 2 products live up to the hype?  YES! and then some.  The roasted peppers and sesame is so good I could take a spoon and just eat it from the container.  I can taste both and when I put some on a piece of chicken I just wanted more.  Then I tried a slice of cucumber.  YUM!  The black bean was a bit spicy hot and also good on the chicken but not the cucumber so I tried it on a corn chip.  It has a slight Mexican taste so it was of course perfect and it gave me another idea.  I took a taco shell, spread some of my black bean hummus on it, added some shredded chicken, a little cheese, lettuce, and just a touch of sour cream.  Made the best taco ever!  This stuff is great and I can't wait to try their other flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment