Thursday, September 8, 2011

K.C. Masterpiece Buffalo Marinade




On a scale of 1 - 10, I give this product an 9.  Why not a 10?  A little hot for me if used directly but most people do want their Buffalo sauce hot.

My 1st thought for using this product was, of course, chicken wings - but that's so common.  So I decided to use pork instead of chicken.  My 2nd thought was marinade which means to put the meat in the marinade for a certain period of time, remove and cook.  I decided to do what I teach in my cookbook Think With Your Taste Buds and decided to use the marinade as a cooking sauce.

So, this is what I did.  I put a 5 lb. Boston Butt in my slow cooker, covered it with K. C. Masterpiece Buffalo Marinade, set the controls on medium and let my butt cook all day.  When I came home this evening my whole house smelled tasty making me rush to the cooker to see how my butt was doing.  It literally fell off the bone, was juicy and tender.  Of course I had to taste test and picked a few bites from the center as well as a few bites from the outside to see how the flavor had distributed.  No matter which section I tasted, there was no difference in flavor. 

K. C. Masterpiece Buffalo Marinade makes the perfect sauce for slow cooking meats.  I can only imagine how it will taste on the grill.  It is spicy and tangy with a bit of heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment