Monday, August 29, 2011

Birds Eye Voila! Shrimp Scampi


On a scale of 1 - 10 I give this product a 9.

Birds Eye, Foodbuzz and Tastemaster again blessed me with an opportunity to try a new product.  This time I was sent coupons for buy one get one free to try a couple of the Birds Eye's Voila products.  I decided on the Shrimp Scampi and the Chicken Stir Fry.

I've made the scampi and boy is it easy.  With the exception of 1 tablespoon of water, everything else you need is in the bag.  In a frying pan you add the sauce mix, water and the rest of the ingredients.  Cook for about 10 minutes and "Voila!" you have dinner for 2.

The flavor is wonderful. The red and yellow peppers create the perfect blend of flavors with the garlic.  The peas give just a slight change in texture from the linguine and then comes the delicate taste of the shrimp.  This one is well worth trying.  Now I can't wait to try the Chicken Stir Fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment