Saturday, October 22, 2011

Marzetti Simply Dressed





On a scale of 1 to 10 I give this product a nine!

Marzetti Simply Dressed Coleslaw mix has the perfect touch of sweetness enhanced with the perfect touch of vinegar and just a hint of onion.  For my coleslaws I shredded about 2 cups of cabbage, add about 1 1/2 Tbsp. sugar and equal amounts of vinegar, a sprinkle of dehydrated onions and then enough mayo to make it slightly creamy.  This makes enough slaw to serve 4 but you have to wait for the onions to plump back up, the sugar to dissolve and the flavors to blend before serving.  With the Marzetti Simply Dressed Coleslaw I used the same amount of cabbage and added about 3 Tbsp. of the mix.  Nothing else and no waiting.  Plus, with my old coleslaw recipe I would end up with the liquid running all over the plate mixing itself into everything it comes into contact with.  Not so with Marzetti.  It clings to the cabbage and giving you an enjoyable bite every time.

Now to dress up your coleslaw using Marzetti Simply Dressed Coleslaw mix you can add chopped apples, raisins, a little pineapple juice or pineapple flavoring.  You can drizzle it over a chicken wrap or even use it in place of the mayo for your chicken salad.  As I say in my cookbook "Think With Your Taste Buds."

No comments:

Post a Comment