Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Larry the Cable Guy Chicken Batter


On a scale of 1 to 10 I have to give this product a 10!  It's delicious!

I know it says 'Chicken Batter' but I wasn't making fried chicken, I was making cube steak.  For 4 pieces of steak I put about 1/2 cup in a shallow bowl and coated the meat well pressing the batter into the meat as I went.  I heated the oven to 400 degrees and put a light coat of oil in a cast iron frying pan.  This I placed in the oven while it preheated.  When the oven was hot I placed the battered meat into the hot oil and placed the pan back into the oven.  After about 5 minutes I turned the meat and cooked the other side for about 5 minutes. 

After removing the meat from the pan I poured off all but about 1 Tbsp. of oil and added a couple of Larry's batter to make gravy.  Another great move!  This batter has the perfect balance of seasonings, including salt and pepper.  I added nothing other than the batter to my meat.  Now I can't wait to try this with what it was made for - chicken.