Sunday, September 30, 2012

Adluh Biscuit Mix with Yellow Falkes


On a scale of 1 - 10 I rate this product a 10+

These have to be the easiest biscuit I've ever made.  They only require milk!  A one pound package makes between 12 - 15 biscuits, depending on how large or small you make them.  The package has directions for making Rolled Biscuits, Drop Biscuits and Sheet Pan Biscuits, each is made using different amounts of milk.  I sort of used the recipe for Drop Biscuits but instead of using regular milk I used buttermilk which due to it's thickness required me to add an extra 1/4 cup.  I also kept my hands floured and made my biscuits into balls that I pressed down slightly when I put them into the pan.  These biscuits bake up in about 10-12 minutes, are light, fluffy and simply delicious.  Open up, butter and enjoy.  Yes I did break down and eat 2 - 1 with just butter and one with jelly.  Delicious!

When I went to this company's website I found that they make much more than just Biscuit Mix. They also have cornmeal mixes, flour, grits and much more.  Go to their site Adluh Store to see all of their products.  And this is something not everyone can say - All Adluh products are kosher certified.

No comments:

Post a Comment