Saturday, December 7, 2013

House-Autry Broccoli & Cheddar Dinner Grits


On a scale of 1 - 10 with I rate this product a 9.

It took a while for me to find this product, which comes in 4 flavors, so when I did find them I bought all 4 flavors.  Since I'm working on my newest cookbook Think With Your Taste Buds - Chicken I decided to give the Broccoli & Cheddar a try 1st.  It did include a recipe for making it with chicken but I had already planned on trying a new recipe for what was supposed to be a crispy baked chicken so I made the actual grits and just served my chicken on top. 

I would give this a 10 but for my taste I felt it needed just a bit more cheese, which I added.  That gave it the perfect flavor for me.  You can taste the cheese and broccoli and there is a hint of garlic giving this a really delicious taste.  It is one I will buy again and maybe even play around with by adding more broccoli to make it a great side dish.  It says it serves 4 but I would place it at more like 6 to 8 since it is a dinner dish and not a breakfast dish.

Can't wait to try the other 3 flavors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment