Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Move Over Butter


On a scale of 1-10 I rate this product an 8+

I don't know if this product is new or if it's been around for a while but I've never tried it in the past.  I may not have tried it now if it had not been for the container.  Yep, the container.  I noticed it because it was square and had the neatest little cow on the front.   Apparently the container is new because when I went to find a picture of the product they were all round.

I decided to give it a try after reading its nutritional information.  It has no hydrogenated oil and no trans fats per serving.  It is made from other fats but it seems most all of them are.  A tablespoon has 50 calories and it's made with whipped sweet cream buttermilk.  When it comes to spreading, it is soft and smooth.  Then there is the taste.  It actually does taste like butter and it melts well.  I don't know if I'll use it for cooking but I will be using it to "butter" my dishes.

1 comment:

  1. This product is now discontinued because it was out selling all other products. The recipe patent is now being challenged by two major butter manufacturers. Both claiming the right to it. There is new information that the product is 100 times more healthy then any other butter product on the market. Walmart and all major grocery stores have not been able to carry the product since the current manufacture is no longer able to continue making it. Supply discontinued until the patent war is resolved.

    ReplyDelete