Monday, May 26, 2014

H. T. Traders Basmati Brown and Wild Rice Blend With Wheat and Rye Berries


On a scale of 1 - 10 I rate this product a 20!

Now and then one of my food testers will bring me a product to try and to create a recipe for.  She always leaves it on my patio along with any dishes she might have accumulated from sampling.  This time she left me about a cup of rice mix that her sister had given to her.  I love the flavor of Basmati Rice.  I love the texture that comes with Brown Rice.  I love the taste and texture of Wild Rice, as well as the coloring it adds to a dish.  But I had never tried Wheat and Rye Berries so this would be a 1st for me.

That evening I had planned on making what I named my Tex-Mex Ground Beef Casserole.  The recipe that this dish came from called for macaroni since I was making ingredient changes I decided to use rice.  I followed the directions on the package which is simply combine water, salt, butter and rice blend.  Bring it to a boil.  Turn it down to low.  Add a tight lid and let it sit for 45 minutes.  When the time was up I decided to take a bite to make sure it was done.  Well, that bite became another and then another and another.  It was so good that I almost didn't want to add it to the casserole... but I did.  It was so good!

The blend of the different rices with the wheat and rye berries combined with the flavor that comes from the basmati has become something I can't begin to describe.  This is one you really need to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment