Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Sensible Portions Apple Straws Cinnamon


On a scale of 1 - 10 with I rate this product a 15!

I spotted these little goodies on the grocery store shelf a few days ago and decided to give them a try.  I read the package and found that you are allowed 1 oz. which came to 130 calories, 0.5 g saturated fat, 0 trans fats, 0 cholesterol, 100 mg. sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar and 1 g protein.  Sounded pretty good to me, especially when I saw that 1 oz. was about 38 straws!  Well, I not only like them I love them.  I use them as my dessert after my evening meal.  But I have never been able to eat all 38 straws.  I'm usually satisfied after about 15-20.

The texture is crisp.  It's slightly sweet with just a hint of cinnamon.  They are hollow in the center making it look like you're eating more than you really are.  I simply love these enough that when was back at the grocery story I picked up 2 more packs just to have on hand when needed.

They also come in Garden Veggie which I intend to try.  If they are as good as the Apple I'll be using them instead of chips.

(I don't know why but my bag is green where the bag shown on the internet is the one above - red.  I don't find any differences in the product ingredients of either package.)

No comments:

Post a Comment