Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning



On a scale of 1 - 10 I rate this product a 9


I've not had much experience with Creole foods so when one of the Authors I review for send me a book based in Louisiana as well as a recipe for Red Beans & Rice I decided to give the Creole foods a try.   I found several different seasonings on the grocery shelf and decided on the Tony Chachere because it had no MSG.  The package stated it was world-famous, which sounded good, and that it was goon on just about anything you might add salt to.  Well, they were right!  I've used it in the Red Beans & Rice - it was great.  I've sprinkled it over chicken before cooking - it was great.  And now I want to give it a try in, yes, Mac and Cheese.  I think it would be simply delicious. 


The only reason I don't give it a 10 is that it does have a little too much salt, so if a dish calls for salt and Creole Seasoning both, don't add the salt.  Can't wait to experiment with more dishes using this seasoning.  Bet it would be good in collards!


No comments:

Post a Comment