Sunday, January 26, 2014

Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning



On a scale of 1 - 10 I rate this product a 9


I've not had much experience with Creole foods so when one of the Authors I review for send me a book based in Louisiana as well as a recipe for Red Beans & Rice I decided to give the Creole foods a try.   I found several different seasonings on the grocery shelf and decided on the Tony Chachere because it had no MSG.  The package stated it was world-famous, which sounded good, and that it was goon on just about anything you might add salt to.  Well, they were right!  I've used it in the Red Beans & Rice - it was great.  I've sprinkled it over chicken before cooking - it was great.  And now I want to give it a try in, yes, Mac and Cheese.  I think it would be simply delicious. 


The only reason I don't give it a 10 is that it does have a little too much salt, so if a dish calls for salt and Creole Seasoning both, don't add the salt.  Can't wait to experiment with more dishes using this seasoning.  Bet it would be good in collards!